Voluntary Sector Support
As High Sheriff of Clwyd I intend to take an active role in supporting and promoting several local charities. Dates have been set for some of the events and these are listed in the County News section.
Events will be held to support the following charities:
Crimebeat North Wales
Crimebeat North Wales (www.crimebeatnorthwales.co.uk) helps young people develop projects which make their communities a safer place to live. Providing small grants to community-led proposals, Crimebeat supports young people to develop projects that aim to:
* Cut local crime and keep young people pout of trouble
* Provide support to victims of crime
* Stimulate an interest in voluntary work
* Improve school attendance and behaviour
* Improve the quality of life in your community
Ty Gobaith (Hope House)
Hope House Children’s Hospices provide specialist nursing care and support to life-limited children, young people and young adults from Shropshire, Cheshire, North and Mid Wales.
Their support extends to the whole family - from diagnosis, throughout the lifetime of the child and beyond. They offer a range of services including respite and end-of-life care at our two hospices and/or within the family home, and support such as counselling and advocacy. One of the hospices (Ty Gobaith) is in the Conwy Valley. Tŷ Gobaith is a beautiful 'home from home' with stunning views across the estuary. The site was chosen for the peace and tranquillity it affords the children and families who visit. Bereavement support is offered to all children, young people and family members for as long as is needed.
The RNLI is the charity that saves lives at sea. They provide, on call, a 24-hour lifeboat search and rescue service around the UK and Ireland, and a seasonal lifeguard service.
With their lifeboats, lifeguards, safety advice and flood rescue, they are committed to saving lives.
The Llandudno Lifeboat Crew is part of the Charity funded organisation the RNLI. They are based in the very centre of the seaside resort town for easy access to Llandudno's two shores: the North shore and the West shore.
They are seeking funding for a new lifeboat station on the North Shore and a new lifeboat.
Llangollen International Music Festival
Every summer since 1947 Llangollen has staged one of the world’s most inspirational cultural festivals. Each year around 4,000 performers and as many as 50,000 visitors converge on this beautiful small Welsh town and its International Pavilion; to sing and dance in a unique combination of competition, performance, and international peace and friendship.
Ensemble Cymru is an organisation which was founded in 2001 to champion the performance of chamber music.
As an organisation they:
* Bring musicians together to perform a programme of music
* Through fun and informal educational concerts pass on their love of chamber music to the next generation of audiences, composers, teachers and musicians.
* Promote activities which support young people as they develop their career in the Arts.
* Reach people who would otherwise find it difficult to attend live performances
* Manage arts projects for other organisations bringing workshops to community venues and schools across Wales.
* Respond to calls for consultations which affect music and the Arts in Wales